For hundreds of years, writers have been capturing the wonder of the natural world in poetry and prose, and exploring our changing relationship with nature. Throughout November, the Arts & Humanities Research Council have teamed up with research project Land Lines to track down the UK’s favourite book about nature. As committed nature book-lovers we couldn’t shy away from this challenge! We’ve asked the Bloomsbury Wildlife team to tell us their ultimate favourites.
Our wildlife bloggers
- The Field Guide to the Ladybirds of Great Britain and Ireland is out now!
- How to garden for wildlife this autumn…
- Jess French discovers some of the world’s most venomous creatures…
- World Wildlife Day 2018 turns the spotlight on big cats
- How to make Seaweed & Garlic Biscuits inspired by Food You Can Forage
- The intelligence of ravens
- Take part in the Big Garden Birdwatch!
- The Bloomsbury Wildlife team share their favourite nature books
- Lars Jonsson’s Winter Birds
- Here are five things you may not know about hares
- RT @TRETalkRadio: On Let's Talk with @BillPadley from 10.00CET... Tiffany Francis-Baker (@tfrancisbaker), Sean Tipton from @ABTAtravel and… 3 hours ago
- 'The Biology of Moult in Birds' is out today! Lukas Jenni and Raffael Winkler bring us the first comprehensive rev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @tfrancisbaker: The paperback of #DarkSkies is now out in the world! ✨🍂 Thanks to @JLewisStempel for the lovely cover quote, and to @pfi… 1 week ago
- RT @inkcapjournal: Some exciting news: all @inkcapjournal subscribers will get a 20% discount code for @tfrancisbaker's book DARK SKIES in… 1 week ago
- RT @Jini_Reddy: I'll be a guest on the Women and Nature Book club, with host Rowena Gerrett, September 17th at 7.30pm. Do join if you're fr… 2 weeks ago
- RT @inkcapjournal: 'It feels wilder and more thrilling': an interview with @tfrancisbaker on her book, Dark Skies. New today on @inkcapjou… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Jini_Reddy: It has been a joy to have been shortlisted for @wainwrightprize. AND with a book that doesn’t fit neatly into the dominant… 2 weeks ago
- RT @AmyJaneBeer: A little announcement... I'm up to my neck in writing a book about rivers - about their beauty and wonder, their flood and… 2 weeks ago