For hundreds of years, writers have been capturing the wonder of the natural world in poetry and prose, and exploring our changing relationship with nature. Throughout November, the Arts & Humanities Research Council have teamed up with research project Land Lines to track down the UK’s favourite book about nature. As committed nature book-lovers we couldn’t shy away from this challenge! We’ve asked the Bloomsbury Wildlife team to tell us their ultimate favourites.
Our wildlife bloggers
- The Field Guide to the Ladybirds of Great Britain and Ireland is out now!
- How to garden for wildlife this autumn…
- Jess French discovers some of the world’s most venomous creatures…
- World Wildlife Day 2018 turns the spotlight on big cats
- How to make Seaweed & Garlic Biscuits inspired by Food You Can Forage
- The intelligence of ravens
- Take part in the Big Garden Birdwatch!
- The Bloomsbury Wildlife team share their favourite nature books
- Lars Jonsson’s Winter Birds
- Here are five things you may not know about hares
- What are you hoping to see in the #BigGardenBirdwatch? If you need help identifying your feathered visitors, this… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Publishing today is the perfect companion for any wildlife lover visiting the Middle East. BIRDS OF THE MIDDLE EA… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Are you taking part in the #BigGardenBirdwatch 2022? Make sure you're able to tell your Chaffinches from your Bullf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Last month we published TRACKS & SIGNS OF THE BIRDS OF BRITAIN AND EUROPE, by Roy Brown, John Ferguson, Michael Law… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Did you know that Eagles are among the most impressive hunters of the animal world? @RSPBNews RSPB SPOTLIGHT: EAGL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @NanPrize: Fascinating books Islands of Abandonment by @calflyn Why We Swim by @bonnietsui How To Be Animal by Melanie Challenger Dark S… 6 days ago
- RT @bobonbooks: A moving account of the work of preserving and restoring abundance in nature. @karenlloydwrite @BloomsburyPub https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @NRTHLASS: "Abundance, I believe, is a book partly about hope and partly about seeing things in a new light." A Twixtmas treat from @bet… 1 week ago