A few months back, I asked the more ID-aware among you to have a go at identifying a pickled bird’s head, freshly photographed on the desk of my esteemed colleague Nigel Redman. Maybe this was a bit tricky.
Our wildlife bloggers
- The Field Guide to the Ladybirds of Great Britain and Ireland is out now!
- How to garden for wildlife this autumn…
- Jess French discovers some of the world’s most venomous creatures…
- World Wildlife Day 2018 turns the spotlight on big cats
- How to make Seaweed & Garlic Biscuits inspired by Food You Can Forage
- The intelligence of ravens
- Take part in the Big Garden Birdwatch!
- The Bloomsbury Wildlife team share their favourite nature books
- Lars Jonsson’s Winter Birds
- Here are five things you may not know about hares
- 🦋 'As lyrical as it is sassy, as insightful as it is impassioned.' Wonderful to see such a brilliant review of Fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- RT @sophiepavs: SO. MANY. excellent, hilarious, insightful questions are arising as FMN flies around new readers! 🔔TOMORROW @ 8pm (BST) is… 1 day ago
- RT @tweetbytheriver: 'Here is a vibrant & vital voice from the millennial generation...We have a changing of the guard and oddly, there has… 1 day ago
- Make sure you're following @sophiepavs on Instagram as she'll be doing a LIVE reading of Forget Me Not and answerin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We are beyond excited to announce that Abundance is on the longlist for the @wainwrightprize for Writing on Global… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Congratulations to @JLowenWildlife for Much Ado About Mothing being longlisted for the @wainwrightprize for Nature… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Coming soon: the new, beautifully illustrated @rspb Pocket Guide to British Birds! Pre-order now to receive in July… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @maddyjorr: So excited to finally be able to announce ✨ MY FIRST BOOK DEAL✨!!!! It will be a book about climate change and sports (sho… 1 week ago