For hundreds of years, writers have been capturing the wonder of the natural world in poetry and prose, and exploring our changing relationship with nature. Throughout November, the Arts & Humanities Research Council have teamed up with research project Land Lines to track down the UK’s favourite book about nature. As committed nature book-lovers we couldn’t shy away from this challenge! We’ve asked the Bloomsbury Wildlife team to tell us their ultimate favourites.
Our wildlife bloggers
- The Field Guide to the Ladybirds of Great Britain and Ireland is out now!
- How to garden for wildlife this autumn…
- Jess French discovers some of the world’s most venomous creatures…
- World Wildlife Day 2018 turns the spotlight on big cats
- How to make Seaweed & Garlic Biscuits inspired by Food You Can Forage
- The intelligence of ravens
- Take part in the Big Garden Birdwatch!
- The Bloomsbury Wildlife team share their favourite nature books
- Lars Jonsson’s Winter Birds
- Here are five things you may not know about hares
- RT @JimSpim: I am in a Morecambe pub. The #IWSGconf is the town's biggest news of the day. Four teenagers on table next to me talking about… 3 days ago
- Remembering Marjorie Blamey, who has just died at 101. We published several of her guides - what a life. theguardian.com/artanddesign/2… 4 days ago
- RT @JimSpim: I am so, so proud to publish this book. A glimmer of light in the darkest industry of them all - industrial chicken farming. C… 4 days ago
- RT @philip_ciwf: Exciting news:- Grilled: Turning Adversaries into Allies to Change the Chicken Industry, launches today in UK. By Leah Gar… 5 days ago
- @kjnorbury @tfrancisbaker @GregHeini Negative. 1 week ago
- RT @TomChivers: My gushing Times review of The Missing Lynx by @DeepFriedDNA, which is surprisingly fun for a deeply sad elegy for Britain’… 1 week ago
- RT @rlewington2: Nice suprise from @JimSpim with note saying 'Wow!' Great colour printing, wiro binding for laying flat and as up to date a… 1 week ago
- @LongPointBirdOb The perfect Easter treat. 1 week ago